Prep time 15 mins
Cook time 30 mins
Total time 45 mins
1 cup almond (oat) milk
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup cornmeal
1¼ cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup dairy-free margarine (such as Earth Balance Soy-Free)
1/3 cups sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 375ºF degrees.
Prepare an 8” square pan with parchment paper.
Measure out the almond milk and add the 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to make dairy free buttermilk.
Combine baking soda, cornmeal, flour, and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
Melt dairy free margarine.
Stir white sugar into the dairy free margarine then add the egg replacer and dairy free buttermilk.
Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold until only a few lumps are still left.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Author: Sugar Bakers
1 lb ground venison or 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
2 onions, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 tablespoon jalapeno, finely chopped
1 (14 ounce) cans Mexican-style tomatoes ( like Rotel)
2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
2 tablespoons cumin
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika ( smoked if you can find it)
1 (14 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup water
Cook ground meat with onions and peppers in dutch oven.
Drain excess grease and add tomatoes, seasonings, and water, bring to a boil.
Add beans, cover and simmer 1-2 hours.
Serve with toppings.
By KelBel food.com
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in one bowl (except chocolate chips).
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon cookie dough with a spoon (I use a measuring spoon) and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Keep 3 inches of space between each cookie. Press down slightly to flatten the cookie.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes. The cookie should just be a little golden brown on the bottom. Do not over cook!
- Cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheet (or else they will be too soft to pick up). These cookies should stay soft when cool.
- Eat with a smile! Yum
*Store leftovers in a container for 1 week or the fridge for a few weeks.